Monday, October 18, 2010
Last week I realised that it's been 4 years since we moved over to the US.
FOUR years !! I can't believe it !
And guess what happened over 4 years ?? The little Frenchie you know got completely addicted to the American way of life. Yep. I've discovered here some amazing stuff I would definitely miss a lot if we ever move back to Europe.
My little top 5 :
- Mani/Pedi : yes, manicure and pedicure, so cheap and so well done you can't resist. My mom and sisters are totally addicted too, my nail salon is their last stop before going back to France so they can show off their perfect nails back home
- Bravo/ABC shows : all I would say is Dancing with the Stars, Modern Family and the Real Housewifes (of any city)... so addictive. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out You Tube, you'll love it
- Thanksgiving : because 1- it's coming, 2- it's all about food and family, 3- it gives such a joyful holiday feeling to the month of November (which used to be my least favorite month back in France because of the rain/cold/la Toussaint and overall gloominess), 4- pumpkin pie
- Walking around in your sweats or yoga clothes on weekends : such a genius idea, I would have NEVER done that in Paris (even to go get a baguette down in my street) and now I happily go get my nails done in my sweats on the week end and I LOVE it. No turning back.
- WholeFoods : because it's so nicely merchandised (hello fruits and veggies pyramids), because it has all the French cheeses that I love (prices x10) and because it feels so healthy and organic that I don't mind getting hit with a $100 price tag for 2 half empty grocery bags (ouch !)
Of course there's many other things that I love here and also many many things I miss from France (who said 5 weeks vacation a year ?). More about that this week...
How about you ? What do you like the most about where you live ? and what do you miss the most from home ?
Photo credit : Boston skyline - Boston Globe