Friday, October 22, 2010

Vive la France !


I told you I'd be back with more lists this week...so here I am with a little top 5 of what I wish I could import from France to the US :   

- Les terrasses de cafés : Gosh I miss them SO MUCH ! There's nothing better than sitting there 'en terrasse' having a drink and watching people go by. The 'commenting' part with a girlfriend is optional but highly recommended.

- Time off : 5 weeks vacation a year and 16 weeks maternity leave (FULLY paid)... I still don't know how people can deal with only 2 weeks vacation a year over here (I would go on strike for this if I could :)  and how expecting mom can work until they actually go into labor to be officially on maternity leave for only 8 weeks (12 if you're lucky but not fully paid) ! When I found out, I remember asking my boss if I was supposed to wait at my desk for my water to break. He probably felt sorry for me towards the end when I was so huge I couldn't see my feet anymore, so he gave me 2 weeks off before my due date (cool boss).

- Bakeries (especially les viennoiseries) : you know, croissant, pain au chocolat and my personal favorite chausson aux pommes (kind of an apple turnover only better) which is my number one purchase as soon as I get out of the plane at Charles de Gaulle (I'm serious, number 2 is French magazines)

- Shopping : Comptoir, Maje, Sandro, Pricesse Tam Tam, Petit BateauOkaidi, FNAC, Jonak, Mellow yellow, Galeries Lafayette, Printemps, Parashop, and all the amazing little independant stores... I miss you guys... I'll see you in December.

- La Tour Eiffel : a bit cliché I know but honestly, despite my 3 years in Paris, I'll always feel like a tourist in front of it and I'm pretty sure I'll never get bored of looking at it glittering at night (here)... so magical

Have you ever been to France ? Where did you go ? What did you like or didn't like ?  

Bises xx

Photo credit : Walldecors esty store  (don't you love this yellow chair ??)

5 comments:

  1. I lived in Paris for around 4 years in total and I have a very cute souvenir... my husband! :)
    So we go back quite often and it is good, I have to go to Paris once in a while or I am getting sad... and I have to save money and go on diet before...
    shopping and eating... yeah... french life:)

    Good night and Happy week end!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand you miss all of the above. Et la Tour Eiffel c'est peut-etre cliché oui mais c'est quand même le symbole de Paris. D'ailleurs, j'adore la photo que tu as choisi pour ce post. Bises

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Paris!
    Balazs and I go there every year to visit friends...I love the bakeries full of yummy stuff...:)
    Love the images too
    Kisses,sweetie
    Hope you are having a great Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! So glad to meet you. I love your blog. I could so understand missing Paris if I were you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ! I love reading your comments
Have a lovely day xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...