Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Miam ! des crêpes !!


C'est la Chandeleur today in France ! Probably one of my favorite holiday as it involves eating crêpes all day long ! Ah !

So today, here's my little gift to you, my secret crêpes recipe (ok, not really a secret, but it's a good one I promise)

You need : 
250g flour
2 eggs
50cl milk
2 tbs melted butter
oil for the pan
salt
secret ingredient (totally worth it) : zest of an orange

and of course a crêpe pan (stating the obvious, I know)

So it goes like this :
Mix the flour with half of the milk
Add eggs, then melted butter and a pinch of salt
Add the rest of the milk and stir everything together until the pâte is smooth
Cover and let it stand for one hour (step that I always skip due to lack of patience)

Before starting to make the crêpes, add the orange zest
Put a little bit of oil in the pan and then pour a little bit of the liquid into the pan making sure it coats the surface evenly (move the pan in circular motion)
Cook for about 2 min until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with spatula, turn and cook the other side. 

Serve hot with a side of melted butter, sugar, jam, honey and nutella and let everybody try their own combo. It's the best ! My fave is melted butter + sugar...trop bon !

Bises xx

Photo credit : Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!! What a fantastic holiday. I love crêpes and I will make some tonight to celebrate. Thanks for the recipe! C'est la Chandeleur to you, sweetie pie!

    Kisses and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. j'adore des crepes... en fait toute la famille!
    Happy Crepe day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post just made me hungry again, even though I just ate lots of pizza! Have a wonderful crepe day and thank you for commenting on my blog - I replied there! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crepes, how I love thee! A French market comes into Bath 3 times a year, and Ben and I always make sure we're first in line at the Crepe Stall!! Happy weekend xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ! I love reading your comments
Have a lovely day xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...